One of the biggest misconceptions is that it is necessary to spend a large amount of money to treat acne scars. In fact, there are so many accessible, natural products that have been proven to be miraculously effective in treating acne scars, and one of the better-praised all-natural products is coconut oil.
Coconut oil can improve acne scars with its moisturizing properties. Keeping the skin well moisturized will keep acne scars to a minimum when forming while adding a healthy glow. However, it does not completely get rid of acne scars.
Coconut oil is wonderfully beneficial – it improves the skin, hair, digestion, and heart health. With so many great reviews, it’s no surprise this oil is in high demand for natural beauty. This article will guide you on how to use a coconut oil face mask for acne scars.
Table of Contents
- How Does Coconut Oil Help With Acne Scars?
- How To Make a Coconut Oil Face Mask
- How To Use Coconut Oil Face Mask on Acne Scars
- How Often To Use Coconut Oil on Acne Scars
- Bottom Line
How Does Coconut Oil Help With Acne Scars?
Acne is an inflammatory skin condition; as such, it should be treated with an antibacterial agent, and coconut oil can be the perfect solution. Coconut oil has lauric acid that gives it its natural antibacterial properties. Researchers found that this fatty acid is an effective antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal.
Coconut oil is also known to be a potent moisturizer. Coconut oil can help with early scar treatment by creating a thick moisturizing barrier as your skin heals.
Coconut oil also helps increase collagen production, which could help in minimizing scarring, reducing fine lines, and building new skin tissue.
- Related Post: DIY Green Tea Face Mask for Acne Scars
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Acne Scars
- Repairs the Skin: Acne scars are the aftermath of an acne breakout. Acne scars are caused by the breakdown of collagen fibers around the pore. Coconut oil boosts collagen, which can help repair the skin.
- Fights off Acne-Causing Bacteria: Coconut oil provides the skin the support it needs to combat acne-causing bacteria. It protects your skin from the onslaught of another acne breakout at the same time, helping your skin heal.
- Moisturizes the Skin: Coconut oil is a potent moisturizing agent for dry, rough, and scaly skin. The moisturizing wonders of coconut can help in reducing inflammation of acne scars and improve healing rates.
- Nourishes your Skin with Vitamin E: Coconut oil has Vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant that can help prevent skin cancer, and protect your skin from environmental toxins, therefore keeping the skin healthy.
How To Make a Coconut Oil Face Mask
A DIY coconut oil face mask for acne scars is what you need to get the maximum benefits of coconut oil. Coconut oil has a tiny molecular structure that can enter the skin’s pores to deliver its benefits from within.
Your coconut oil is best paired with raw honey to maximize skin regrowth, skin moisturizing, and skin healing from acne scars.
Honey naturally hydrates skin cells. They have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight further acne breakouts while helping fade acne scars and blemishes. Make sure to only use raw honey to get the most antioxidants, vitamins, and enzymes you need for excellent acne management.
The Best Coconut Oil To Use?
In making a coconut oil mask for acne scars, the best coconut oils are those that are organic and unrefined. Organic unrefined coconut oil contains all the natural polyphenols and polyphenols which are substances that support and protect skin tissue.
Coconut oil can easily be bought over-the-counter but choose coconut oil with labels: “virgin,” “cold-pressed,” or “raw.”
There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all skincare, even though it is all-natural and beneficial for all skin types. It is advisable to try coconut oil on a tiny area of your skin before continuing.
In order to determine if you have an abnormal skin reaction to coconut oil, apply it to a small spot in your face and body for 3-4 days.
If you find your skin agreeing with the coconut oil, then it’s time to DIY your face mask. Coconut oil mixed with honey works wonderfully on acne-prone skin. Their hydrating and healing powers will leave your skin nourished, soft, and glowing.
What You’ll Need?
- One teaspoon of coconut oil (Get it here on Amazon)
- Two tbsp. of raw honey
- Cotton ball and a small bowl
Making a coconut oil face mask
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly stir all ingredients with a fork or whisk to mix evenly.
- Use cotton ball or pad to dip into the mixture and apply to your face.
- Related Post: DIY Aloe Vera Face Mask For Acne Scars
How To Use Coconut Oil Face Mask on Acne Scars
- Apply a generous layer of the mixture to your clean face.
- Give your face a gentle circular massage for 10 – 20 minutes, avoiding the eye area.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Continue rinsing until there is no oily feeling anymore. Leaving excess oil can clog your pores.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
Coconut is a powerhouse on its own, so if you have oily skin, you can also consider massaging just the pure coconut oil into the clean skin, pat off the excess using a clean towel, and let your skin absorb the coconut oil for 30 minutes. Rinse off well, ensuring that there is no excess oil.
How Often To Use Coconut Oil on Acne Scars
You can repeat this regimen 2-3 times a week for best results.
Most of your acne scars may be treated with this DIY coconut oil face mask. But a dermatologist’s advice is required for more serious cases of scarring. Consult a dermatologist if your acne persists after two weeks or if there are certain scars that don’t heal with time.
Coconut oil is known in the beauty world as a beneficial ingredient in treating acne and managing acne scars if used properly. This humble oil can combat a wide variety of skin issues in the comfort of your own home.
The best thing to do to make your acne scars less noticeable is to use the best skincare product, and this coconut and honey combination can be the best mixture to fight off acne and reduce acne scars. Consider using this DIY coconut oil face mask as a natural treatment if you want to reduce the appearance of your acne scars.
Many individuals swear in the efficacy of natural remedies such as coconut oil. But as with any home remedy, getting skin consultation from a board-certified dermatologist still offers the best insights and recommendations for your skin recovery journey.
ArtOfScarRemoval.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and other affiliate programs. We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site.